The video below contains a surprise and thus reminds us that not all things are as they appear. We must be careful how we size things up, and do so, when required, with great humility. There is an old saying,
If your words are soft and sweet, they won’t be as hard to swallow if you have to eat them.
Before watching the video consider a few cautionary quotes from Scripture about sizing things and people up:
- 1 Sam 16:7 But the LORD said to Samuel [who seeking a king, was impressed with Jesse’s eldest son], “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”
- 2 Cor 5:16 So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer.
- John 7:24 Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly.”
- John 8:15-16 You judge by human standards; I pass judgment on no one. But if I do judge, my decisions are true, because I am not alone. I stand with the Father, who sent me.
- Luke 16:15 Jesus said to them, “You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of others, but God knows your hearts.
- 1 Kings 8:39 [O Lord] Forgive and act; deal with everyone according to all they do, since you know their hearts (for you alone know every human heart).
- Sirach 11:28 Call no one happy before his death; by how he ends, a person becomes known
Enjoy the video!