The world often tries to present itself as the latest and the greatest, but that’s only true on the surface—if at all. The Scriptures see the world as old and outdated, as passing away:
- For this world in its present form is passing away (1 Cor 7:31).
- The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever (1 John 2:17).
- For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal (2 Cor 4:18).
The tennis player in the commercial below is using an outdated racquet, and it hinders her game; it’s time for her to upgrade her equipment. This is true for each of us, too. The Lord says to each of us,
- My friend, come up higher (Lk 14:10).
- If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things (Col 3:1-2).
Upgrade your life. Rise above fleshly and passing things to spiritual and eternal ones. Step up to higher and better things. Accept the upgrade of grace, which will permit you to reach your full potential.
It’s time for an upgrade!
Cross-posted at the Catholic Standard: Time to Upgrade
2 Replies to “Time to Upgrade”
Finally found a way to get to your blog. Will it upgrade my morning prayer by reading it
This is a brilliant composition of how to apply our Christian faith to our day-to-day activities. Indeed, everything that we see and do today are indirectly calling us to pay good attention to the Creator. Kudos!
Comments are closed.