In the video below you will see a visual representation of Worldwide Airline Traffic in a 24 hour period. Each plane is represented by a small dot of yellow light.
As you view the video consider some of the following:
- Every dot is a plane that carries hundreds of people.
- Each individual has a story.
- Some are joyful and flying out to attend a wedding or family event.
- Some are sad and flying to funerals.
- Each dot is a plane filled with people who have both gifts and struggles.
- Their lives intersect with hundreds of other people.
- Some are influential and well known.
- Others live more hidden lives but are very precious to others.
- There are mothers and fathers, brothers and sisters, children, spouses, young and old.
- Some of the people on those planes represented by those dots will die soon.
- Others are just beginning their lives.
- All of the people on these planes have lives that are swept up into the great mystery of God’s unfolding plan.
- None of them are accidents, or surprises to God.
- Each have the dignity of being an intentional creation of God.
- Each is known to God more then they know themselves.
- God knows everything about every person on every plane represented by every tiny dot.
- He knows their past, their present and their future.
- He sustains every fiber of their being.
- Before they were ever formed in their mother’s womb God knew them, loved them, intended them.
- Every one of their days was written in God’s book before any of those days came to pass.
Each dot a plane. On each dot a gathering of people. Each person with a history and a destiny unfolding, known to God, loved by God, sustained by God.
Behold the mystery:
O God, Who did cause the children of Israel to traverse the Red Sea dryshod; Thou Who did point out by a star to the Magi the road that led them to Thee; grant us we beseech Thee, a prosperous journey and propitious weather; so that, under the guidance of Thy holy angels we may safely reach that journey’s end, and later the haven of eternal salvation.
Hear, O Lord, the prayers of Thy servants. Bless their travels. Thou Who art everywhere present, shower everywhere upon them the effects of Thy mercy; so that, insured by Thy protection against all dangers, they may return to offer Thee their thanksgiving. Through Christ our Lord.