I grew up with dogs. Dogs, generally speaking, have a great outlook on life. This list is an oldie on the internet but, if you haven’t read it, it is really rather instructive. Dogs DO have a lot to teach us. God teaches us not only out of the Bible but in creation. In that spirit here are
Fifteen Things We can Learn from Dogs:
- 1. Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joy ride.
- 2. Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.
- 3. When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
- 4. Let others know when they’ve invaded your territory.
- 5. Take naps and stretch before rising.
- 6. Run, romp, and play daily.
- 7. Eat with gusto and enthusiasm.
- 8. Be loyal.
- 9. If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
- 10. When someone is having a bad day, be silent. Sit close by and nuzzle them gently.
- 11. Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
- 12. Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
- 13. When you’re happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
- 14. No matter how often you’re scolded, don’t buy into the guilt thing and pout…. run right back and make friends
- 15. Delight in the simple joys of a long walk.
And here is one of the most amazing videos I have ever seen. It’s about “Faith the two legged dog”: