We had a post in which someone asked “How can I give witness to my faith?” Since this is without doubt one our top ten favorite questions, with a nod to David Letterman, I present the Top Ten ways Catholics evangelize.
9. Get comfortable talking about why you love being a Catholic.
8. Around the water cooler or lunch table, say something like “My pastor made a really interesting point in his homily on Sunday” See what happens!
7. Join the Catholic Legislative Network. It sends alerts when we need Catholics to contact our elected officials and weigh in something before our legislators. www.adw.org, click on service and justice.
6. When a neighbor, co-worker, or friend shares a concern or bad news, offer to pray for them and for the need. I’ve never been turned down for the promise of prayer.
5. Read your Bible.
4. Invite someone to join you at Mass, at a parish activity, or for a lecture.
3. Pray for a deeper faith, for the needs of the Church for the needs of the world.
2. Be a person of hope, be grateful for all that God gives you…People notice that.
And the number 1 way to witness to your Faith
1. Live your faith fully. Actively participate in weekly Mass. Receive the sacraments regularly. Make a regular retreat. People will want what you’ve got.
What did I forget? Post a comment